One to One Advice
One to One Help
If you’ve read the book but feel you’d really like some individual advice and support to turn your fussy eater around, I do offer one-to-one sessions by video call. Every child and family situation is unique after all. There are two options.
#1 Single session
Who is it for?
Is your head swimming with questions and niggles you’d like to ask me about how to apply the approach to your child/ren. Or are you nervous – or even scared – of starting the approach and the reaction you’ll get from them? Have you implemented the approach but aren’t seeing the progress you’d hoped – or were you making progress but now seem to have ‘plateaued’? I can give you the personal advice, clarity, confidence and motivation you need to move forwards.
What does it include?
● Mealwatch: Before we talk, I will ask you to (secretly!) video a typical mealtime with your child/ren from beginning to end. This gives me huge insight and allows me to advise you very personally and precisely.
● 60-minute video call: We will discuss your child’s fussy eating and behaviour around food in detail. I will feedback to you on the video, give you clear and precise advice on what to do differently (and why!) and answer all your questions and concerns.
● Action plan: Afterwards, you will receive a personalized, easy-to-follow plan of action which outlines everything we’ve discussed so you can refer back to it and stay on track.
● Follow-up email support: You can contact me with any new questions or concerns that crop up once you put the plan into action. (And we always think of things we wish we’d asked afterwards, right?!)
#2 Step-by-step programme
Who is it for?
Would you like to work with me side-by-side over several sessions to implement the whole approach from scratch to turn your fussy eater around? I will break the process down into specific, easy-to-manage, carefully-monitored steps to ensure the minimum backlash from your child/ren and the maximum chance of success. By the end, mealtimes will be much happier and more relaxed, your child will have fully accepted the new way things happen around food and mealtimes – and you will be all set to go from strength to strength, expanding your child’s diet further and further.
What does it include?
● Mealwatch: Before we talk – and again later in the process if needed – I will ask you to (secretly!) video a typical mealtime with your child/ren from beginning to end. This gives me huge insight and allows me to advise you very personally and precisely.
● A series of 60-minute video calls: In each call, I will check in on how the previous step went and the progress you’ve made, answer any questions or concerns and explain exactly what to do next. The number of sessions you’ll need will depend on the starting point of your child’s eating and behaviour around food, but it typically takes 3-5 sessions.
● Step-by-step action plans: After each session, you will receive a personalized, easy-to-follow plan of action covering the next step we discussed so you can refer back to it and stay on track.
Cost: £65 for the first session + £45 for each subsequent session
Please contact me to book a consultation or ask for more information. Here’s what other parents have said…
“My son became fussy when he was 2 years old. I read Claire’s brilliant book and was ‘all guns blazing’ to start the approach, but cue the arrival of the newborn, and well … it was back to the ham sandwiches we went! Claire gave me detailed feedback on the meal that I recorded and her advice was invaluable. I learnt so much and couldn’t wait to put it into practice. We are working on improving and increasing the foods my son will eat and mealtimes are certainly less stressful and more enjoyable now. I feel very positive!”
(Roisin Fearon, Single session)
“My son had been fussy for as long as I could remember and by 2.5 years wouldn’t even come and stay at the table. We’d use bribery in the form of 5 chocolate buttons to get him to eat! It was a gradual process but his attitude to food has changed 100% since working with Claire. The first big change was to introduce a technique that got him to the table willingly. Mealtimes are now calm and fun and he is interested and excited about what we’re going to eat. He now eats vegetables and a wide variety of lunches and dinners, from mild curries to pasta with different sauces to risottos to cottage pie. He also tries new meals willingly, most recently at the weekend, black bean and red pepper chilli with coriander! Feeding him is a positive experience now! Claire’s follow-up plans were thorough and very useful – and gave me a ‘boost’ when things weren’t going well. It was also really helpful to be able to email Claire when I needed to run things past her between sessions. A massive thank you for turning things around for us!”
(Ellie Edwards-Mann, Step-by-step programme)
“There’s always been peaks and troughs to my fussy eater’s diet, but at its worse, it was limited to a handful of foods and we previously dreaded every mealtime! We’d read the book and tried to implement a number of changes, but with mealtimes regularly ending in flung food and tears (usually mine!), we decided we needed help. The consultation was immensely helpful. Claire had studied the recording of our mealtime carefully and explained what to do differently in detail. Her perspective gave me insight I would never have considered. The follow-up plan was massively helpful and easy to apply and I started implementing the advice immediately! She has also been incredible in answering all my questions and concerns following the consultation. Thank you for being so helpful and patient.”
(Charlotte Smith, Single session)